New mechanical assemblies and suspension are the main novelty of the model 2014 sedan
The Peugeot 408 has always had its qualities. Good interior space, comfort for rear seat passengers and the trunk generous. The downside was for the configuration with four-speed automatic transmission, which was finally retired on line 2014.
The new model will go on sale from October, at the following prices:
Allure Peugeot 408 2014 2.0 manual: R $ 59,990
2014 Peugeot 408 Allure 2.0 Automatic: R $ 65,990
2014 Peugeot 408 Griffe THP: R $ 73,990
Only the intermediate version, Allure with new six-speed automatic transmission, will increase U.S. $ 2000.Others keep the current prices.
Having as competing models like Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Cruze and Volkswagen Jetta, Peugeot plans to topple the 408 600 units per month, being 60% of auto Allure, the 25% and 15% Griffe THP Allure of the stick shift.
The six-speed automatic transmission, the Aisin, which happens to equip the 2.0 model, called AT6, is the same used in versions THP and other brand vehicles worldwide.
For safety, this box has a system of electronic lock that prevents the engagement of a gear incompatible with engine speed. In practice, the system prevents the movement of the lever to the options “P” (parking) and “R” (reverse) when the vehicle exceeds a speed of 6 km / h, while preserving transmission.
The Peugeot explains that, to optimize the operation of the box AT6 with 2.0 engine, new lines were developed air intake and exhaust, plus a specific calibration for the engine, favoring comfort in using the “Drive” and providing more driving dynamics and sports mode “Sport”.
Another highlight of the box AT6 is the dynamic correction system, which reads the relief where the vehicle travels. The transmission “safe” gears downhill, triggering engine braking and uphill work in the best possible range torque. The system also retains the march when the driver takes the foot off the accelerator, allowing him to give up the case of a breach, redo the operation, ensuring greater safety. If the mechanism was not available, with the downturn, the car would gain speed and the driver would need to apply the brakes.
2.0L 16V VVT Flex
2.0 The block has four cylinders and 16 valves, double valve timing and delivering 151 horsepower at 6,000 rpm when fueled with ethanol (gasoline 143 hp) and maximum torque of 22 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm, well stocked with fuel plant ( 20 lb-ft on gasoline). The weight / power ratio is below 10 kg / hp.
Allure drive version equipped with the 2.0 engine and six-speed automatic transmission. With the new rates, the midsize sedan improved performance in acceleration and resumed. According to Peugeot, the acceleration 0-100 km / h 1.4 s there was an improvement compared to rates four speeds, because the box has relationships AT6 shorter first and second gears. Resumed on 80 km / h 120 km / h time was reduced to 0.5 s.
Fuel consumption has been reduced. In tests conducted by the Department of Engineering at PSA Peugeot Citroën, the 408 registered savings of 5% compared with the previous version.
We guide the model mainly road stretch where you could feel their quick response when stepping on the accelerator. The suspension also pleases, filtering and imperfections soil, imparting comfort to the occupants without being too soft.
According to Peugeot, the rear axle bushings were replaced joint, which are now softer, and placed a shim elastomer spring with the support of the body. Front axle, was applied a new upper support of the spring, which also contributes to a better filtering of surface irregularities.
The model now has green Pirelli P7 tires, low rolling resistance, which favors both the reduction of fuel consumption as a smoother ride.
The drive is pleasant and visibility is good. The sound insulation and interior finishing is also not disappoint.The acoustic treatment has double sealing gaskets and side windows with a thickness of 4 mm, soundproofing boards lining the hood and the trunk lid and the application of an acoustic windshield that filters the noise from outside.
The Peugeot 408 2014 has 4.69 m in length, width of 1.81 me wheelbase of 2.71 m, which mainly favors the space for rear seat passengers.
The shapes of the trunk facilitate placement and luggage capacity is 526 liters. Access is also facilitated by the use of two pantograph hinges. The driver can also command the opening of the trunk at a distance via the remote control key or a specific button on the dashboard. The rear seats are foldable so fractional 1/3 – 2/3.
The top of the line version, Griffe THP has under the hood a 1.6-liter 16v THP. The engine block is made of aluminum and has been developed in cooperation with BMW. Powered by a system of direct petrol injection, the engine develops 165 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, with maximum torque of 24 lb-ft available at 1,400 rpm.
Peugeot 408 2014 – List of equipment
Allure Peugeot 408 2014 2.0L Manual
• Two front airbags (driver and passenger);
• disc brake on all four wheels (ventilated in front) with ABS, EBA and REF;
• Fog lights front;
• Rear parking sensor;
• Automatic locking of doors.
• Electro-hydraulic power assisted Steering;
• Air-conditioning automatic digital two areas with air outlet in rear;
• Regulator and speed limiter;
• Windshield acoustic;
• Adjusting the wheel height and depth;
• Power windows with function “one-touch” and antisquash the four doors;
• mirrors with electric adjustment;
• CD player with MP3 player connected to the USB Box with Bluetooth functions;
• Six speakers and steering wheel audio control;
• Screen multifunction onboard computer ;
• Keys with opening the doors and away from the trunk lid.
• Wheel 16 inch alloy;
• Front grille with chrome trim;
• Details on the chrome bumpers front and rear;
• mirrors and door handles in body color;
• Dashboard soft (“slush”);
• Flywheel coated leather.
Peugeot 408 2014 2.0L Automatic Allure
• In addition to the items from the previous version, has alloy wheels of 17 inches and acoustic windshield that filters the noise from outside.
Peugeot 408 2014 Griffe THP
• Side airbags and curtain;
• Traction Control (ASR) and stability (ESP);
• Front parking sensor (optional);
• autodirecionais with Xenon Headlights (optional).
• leather seats,
electric sunroof •;
• Firing automatic headlight;
• Cleaner for windshield auto lighting + “Welcome” + external “follow me home” automatic;
• Windshield acoustic;
• Electrochromic Rearview internal ;
• Rearview external folding.
• chrome moldings at the base of the windows;
• Leather steering wheel sports;
• dials with white background;
• aluminum doors sills;
• aluminum crankset.
• WIP Nav (GPS panel with multifunction color screen 7 inch foldable electrically).
با تشکر از مترجمین گرامی